I've been slowly building a stash of books that are not only filled with fabulous ideas, but also incredibly beautiful to look at. Call me shallow, but I do judge a book by it's cover, and if it's not pretty then I'm not interested. I want the colours to please my eye, and the projects inside to set my mind pinging with ideas of my own that I would not have thought of without the suggestion in front of me. But most of all, I want to own books that call my name, making me pick them up time and time again, giving me a new idea to work on each time.
I'm a huge fan of Christina Strutt, and all Cabbages & Roses books. This particular one is utterly divine. I love her fabric choices.
'sewing in no time'! A lovely idea, but I'm not sure it's true. A suberb book though, with some really great ideas. 'sew fabulous fabric' is another wonderful book to flick through. Each time something new catches your eye and makes you just itch to start sewing. The authors have their own website, where you can buy the goodies they make, or even order a signed copy of this book. If I didn't already have it, I'd want to order it from them and have it signed.[alice & ginny]
Finally, I can't talk about the books that I truly love without mention of these two. Just picking these books up makes my heart beat faster! If you choose to buy only one book to give you ideas and inspiration, either of these would be perfect. They are worth every penny. Each page is a work of art. The colours, the stlye, the projects, the fabric. Everything about them is gorgeous. I would say that you do need to have a bit of craft savvy in order to use these, as the author seems to assume that the reader has some experience with sewing and creating. Despite that, I think they are stunning books, and even if you don't sew, they are beautiful to look through. I mentioned recently that I am currently using the 'crafting springtime gifts' version of this book, so must mention it again. I feel very pleased to have so many of this exquisite books.