Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Christmas cat, and cooking

Dudley loves this time of year. As soon as we put the Christmas tree in the living room, he makes the nearest chair 'his' place, and becomes our Christmas Cat.
Normally he sits on the sofa and ignores this chair. Now the tree is beside it, it's HIS place to get cosy :o)

I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen, looking after my family. It's not a chore, it's just what I do.
What I enjoy about December is that I tend to be in there even more than usual. Not just doing the normal everyday cooking, but baking lots of goodies too. I make sure we're well stocked with everything needed for making sweet treats. While the mixer whizzes, and the oven magically turns the dough I've put in into scrummy tasting biccies, I make myself cosy at the table with magazines and tea. Love this magazine. Though you'd think by now I'd have more than enough knowledge on the subject! I encourage my Gorgeous Girl to get involved, I think children should be encouraged in the kitchen. Even if they tend to like making a mess and eating anything chocolate, rather than doing anything helpful! My hope is she will grow up with happy memories of our time together in the kitchen.
Last week she asked if she could make these biscuits from one of her magazines, just a basic sugar cookie recipe, but so scrummy. She decorated them herself (almost!).
The house is filled with the scent of vanilla, sugar and ginger, and I love it. I'm going to make a gingerbread house tomorrow, but I have made one already.
If you'd like to make one too, then take a peek at my 'make a gingerbread house this Christmas!' page, you can find the link at the top of this page.

The diet starts January!